Larry D. Freeman Jr.
155 Brookstone Dr. • Athens, GA. 30605 Phone 706-248-5764
- Teaching — able to give instruction and lessons enabling others to learn via explanation, demonstration and
- Presenting — proficient in preparation and delivery of multi-media briefings to diverse audiences.
- Working with others — skilled at encouraging others and developing rapport. An experienced team builder, bringing
enthusiasm and energy into group efforts.
- Highly skilled in personal and business computing encompassing both hardware and software with emphasis in
Desktop Publishing, Website Design, Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint), Microsoft Publisher, Visio Standard, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady, MacroMedia Fireworks, Sitebuilder LPX, and numerous other software applications.
- Participant in project STAMM (Systematic Teaching in Measuring and Mathematics) as a test developer, 1984
- Social Circle High School Teacher of the Year, 1990
- Social Circle City Schools System Teacher of the Year, 1990
- Trained students in the Construction Technology field to achieve 1st place in state competition and rank in
a top three position at the National VICA Skill Olympics, 1988, Wichita, Kansas and 1989, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Completed the NOCTI (National Occupational Competency Testing Instrument) achieving a score of 99 on
the performance section and 90.4 on the written which encompasses skills tested in carpentry, masonry, electrical wiring, and plumbing.
- Junior Class advisor and prom organizer for Social Circle High School, 1984 to 1989.
- Member of TIEGA (Trade and Industrial Educators of Georgia), 1988.
- Served on the State Curriculum Development Committee in association with AGC (Associated General Contractors)
for the Construction Trades state curriculum.
- Conducted curriculum technology workshop at the State GVA (Georgia Vocational Association) conference, 1990.
- Professional member of the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America, 1981-1997.
- Served on the Social Circle High School Leadership Team for 3 years.
- Served on the Teacher of the Year committee, Social Circle High School, 1991 to 1994.
- Attended Technology Conference for AVA (American Vocational Association) in Denver, Colorado, December 1995.
- Recruiter of new employees for the Clarke County School District Personnel Department.
- Served on the Technology Committee for the Clarke County School District.
- Designed, developed and implemented a comprehensive building safety inspection instrument for school facilities,
1996 utilizing Microsoft Publisher and Visio Standard.
- Designed and developed an electronic work order system for the Clarke County School District, which simplified
the process for all personnel and served to keep an accurate and efficient account of all work completed by Plant Services.
- Served on State Board of Education Facilities Five Year Plan Evaluation committee, December 2003.
- Designed and launched one hundred-plus websites.
- Drummer/Percussionist and manager for local Athens classic hits and Motown sound band "The Hands of Time."
- Drummer/Percussionist with The BaCupS - Athens, Georgia
- BizAthens.com Internet Services, Owner/Designer, October 2001 to present.
- Clarke County School District, Athens, Georgia. Director of Plant Services, October 8, 1999 to June 30, 2011.
- Clarke County School District, Athens, Georgia. Interim Director of Plant Services, April 6, 1999 to October 8, 1999.
- Clarke County School District, Athens, Georgia. Energy and Safety Manager and assisting Director of
Plant Services supervising four departments, July 1998 to April 1999.
- Clarke County School District, Athens, Georgia. Energy and Safety Manager, February 1997 to July 1998.
- Social Circle High School, Social Circle, Georgia. Instructor: Construction Trades Technology, Communication
Technology, Drafting, Woodworking, Substitute Bus Driver, and Diversified Cooperative Training, Vocational Industrial Clubs of America Advisor, August 1984 to February 1997.
- Social Circle High School, Social Circle, Georgia. JTPA summer program, Instructor, 1985.
- Cedar Shoals High School, Athens, Georgia. Construction Technology Instructor, Vocational Industrial Clubs of America
Advisor, August 1980 to August 1984.
- Cedar Shoals High School, Athens, Georgia. JTPA summer program, Instructor 1983.
- Custom Maintenance, Athens, Georgia. Owner, 1979 to 1984.
- Cedar Shoals High School, Athens, Georgia. Maintenance Supervisor and Custodial Staff Supervisor, 1975 to 1980.
- Grounds Maintenance, Clarke County School District, 1974.
- Grounds Maintenance and Custodial, Athens Area Technical School, 1972 to 1973.
University of GeorgiaAthens, GA. Two years of Trade and Industrial Education degree curriculum coursework 1980 Athens Area Vocational Technical SchoolAthens, GA. Basic Drafting I and III 1978-1979 Athens Area Vocational Technical SchoolAthens, GA. National Electrical Code Part II, Commercial Wiring and Blueprint Reading, 1975 Electrical Construction Maintenance Athens Area Vocational Technical SchoolAthens, GA. Residential Wiring, Farm Wiring, National Electrical Code Part I, 1974 Basic Electricity Athens Area Vocational Technical SchoolAthens, GA. Athens Area Vocational Technical SchoolAthens, GA. School of Life Experience Athens, GA. Life Experience1973 to present Clarke Central High School Athens, GA. Northside High School Warner Robbins, GA. Clarke Junior High SchoolAthens, GA. Chase Street Elementary School Athens, GA. Gorenflo Elementary School Biloxi, MS. Popp’s Ferry Elementary School Biloxi, MS. Grade 2 1962 Completed Grade 2 Wiesbaden AFB Elementary SchoolWiesbaden, Germany Ramsgate Primary School Ramsgate/Kent, England BirthplaceUnited Kingdom, Wiltshire, Chiseldon, Birthdate September 18, 1955